Rose essential oil, which is created through a process of steam distillation, has been used to treat health conditions and used in natural beauty treatments for thousands of years.
Rose essential oil is made by extracting Rosa damascena, and researchers have found that it contains several therapeutic compounds known to promote healing in the body.
- Citronellol – effective mosquito repellant
- Citral – strong antimicrobial that is necessary for vitamin A synthesis
- Carvone – effective digestive aid
- Citronellyl Acetate – responsible for the pleasant flavour and aroma of roses
- Eugenol – an antioxidant
- Farnesol – natural pesticide
- Methyl Eugenol – local antiseptic and anesthetic
- Nerol – sweet-smelling aromatic antibiotic compound
- Phenyl Acetaldehyde – another sweet-smelling and aromatic compound
- Phenyl Geraniol – natural form of geraniol, which is commonly used in perfumes and fruit flavorings